As a reminder, if you plan on taking Dual Credit courses in the fall:
- I will not approve dual credit classes if you have high school credits from previous semesters that you need to make up. High school curriculum needs to be a priority before I can approve of a college course. Once I see that you have a handle on your high school courses, we can start the testing and enrollment process. I want to set you up for success!
- Apply to either SFCC or LCC on their websites below. You will not be able to go any further in this process, take the accuplacer, meet with an advisor, until you submit an application to either college.
- Before we can consider an enrollment meeting with an advisor, I need you to take the Accuplacer test. THIS IS A MUST. Both the college and myself need to see where you place before we can suggest any college classes or accept dual credit enrollment. I strongly suggest going to this website to work on the accuplacer practice about 2 weeks before taking the test:
- Please reach out to the SFCC or LCC testing centers to set up an appointment to take your Accuplacer ASAP. We are getting to the time of year where it will be very difficult to get a testing appointment due to the beginning of the school year. MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENT NOW!
- Office ContactEmailtestingcenter@sfcc.eduPhone505-428-1625Personnel
LUNA COMMUNITY COLLEGE: Accuplacer testing is offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30am – 3:30pm at our main campus or contact the LCC Satellite/Site office in your specific area for testing days and times. For more information, call (505) 454-5355. On the day of testing, please bring your driver’s license or student ID.
The first placement assessment is free as long as you complete the LCC Application for Admissions form and submit it to the Admissions Office. Students will only be allowed one (1) retake per semester.
School Counselor – PHS Site Testing Coordinator
Pecos Independent School District